Savory Broccoli Spears
Cooking broccoli in broth and soy sauce gives spark to an otherwise ordinary vegetable. The toasted almonds add a pleasant crunch.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons slivered or sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute almonds in butter until golden brown. Remove; set
- aside. Add remaining ingredients to skillet. Cover; cook over medium
- heat for 8-10 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Sprinkle
- with almonds. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 70 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.