Savory Braised Beef for 2
Everyone will enjoy this delicious dish. With meat, potatoes and vegetables, it's a meal in itself.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours 5 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 small apple, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 small new potatoes, halved
- 2 cabbage wedges (about 2 inches thick)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- Trim fat from meat and cut into 1-in. cubes; brown in a skillet
- coated with cooking spray. Add water, apple, onion, seasoning blend
- and pepper. Cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours.
- Add potatoes and cabbage; cover and simmer for 35 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes; cover and simmer for 10
- minutes. Blend cornstarch and water; stir into skillet. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 recipe equals 469 calories, 11 g fat (0 saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 13 g fiber,