Savory Baked Chicken
Crispy golden breading with robust mustard and lemon flavors envelopes this tasty main dish from Bonnie Baumgardner, Sylva, North Carolina.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place the
- stuffing in another bowl. Dip chicken in mustard mixture, then coat
- with stuffing.
- Place chicken in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Spritz chicken with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 210 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 664 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.