Fresh asparagus dresses up a weeknight meal with aromatic tarragon. Try substituting the asparagus with broccoli for a twist.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus;
- cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oil, tarragon, onion powder
- and pepper until blended. Drain asparagus; drizzle with oil mixture
- and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 74 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.