My dad has grown spinach for years, and we’ve developed several recipes for it, but this one beats them all! —Terra Fondriest, St. Joe, Arkansas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) fresh spinach
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute the garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add wine.
- Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add spinach and salt; cook and stir for 2 minutes or just until
- spinach is wilted. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 98 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.