Sauteed Orange Shrimp with Rice
"My family loves this fast and flavorful recipe. It takes minutes to prepare but tastes like it took all day—and it’s just as wonderful served over noodles.”
Radelle Knappenberger — Oviedo, Florida
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute shrimp and garlic in oil and butter for 3-4 minutes
- or until shrimp turn pink.
- Combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; stir in the basil
- and salt. Gradually stir into the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with rice.
- Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup shrimp mixture with 2/3 cup rice equals 365 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 194 mg cholesterol, 412 mg sodium,