Sauteed Minute Steaks
These steaks are easy and appealing, and they have a spicy sauce that gives them nice zip.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef cubed steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic salt and
- pepper. Add steaks, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook steaks in oil over
- medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Remove and keep warm. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat
- through. Serve with steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 4 ounces cooked beef with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 318 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 768 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.