Cinnamon and sugar coat warm apple slices in this change-of-pace side dish from Shirley Heston of Pickerington, Ohio. It's priced at just 56¢ a serving, so the sweetly seasoned specialty is both fuss-free and frugal.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 5 medium Golden Delicious apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add apples;
- cook and stir for 1 minute. Add water; bring to a boil. Stir in
- sugar and cinnamon. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes
- or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 276 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, trace protein.