- about another 2 minutes. Add the wine and stir continuously until
- the liquid is absorbed.
- Using a ladle, add the hot stock about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring
- constantly and making sure the stock has been absorbed before adding
- more to the rice. Continue adding 1/2 cup of stock and stirring rice
- constantly and gently. When the rice is about half cooked or only 1
- 1/2 cups of the stock remains add the asparagus pieces into the rice
- and continue stirring. When you have about 1 cup of liquid left,
- stir the peas into the rice and season with salt and pepper to
- taste. Continue stirring. The risotto is done when the rice grains
- are creamy on the outside and firm yet tender to the bite, (about
- 20-25 minutes total).
- When the risotto is just right, remove it from the heat and stir in
- the shredded parmesan cheese. Spoon into large soup bowls, top with
- shaved parmesan and serve immediately. Yield: Serves 6-8.
Rice varies, so you may not need all the stock or you may need more. If more liquid is required you can add simmering water in place of extra broth. You should taste for doneness along the way.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.