Sausage and Potatoes Skillet
Eggs in the morning just aren't the same without sausage and potatoes. These two favorite breakfast side dishes are conveniently cooked in the same skillet, so you only dirty one pan.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) brown-and-serve sausage links
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut sausage links into bite-size pieces. In a covered skillet, cook
- sausage in water and oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove
- sausage with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Carefully add potatoes,
- red pepper and onion to pan. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover;
- cook 5-6 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Return sausage
- to pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 337 calories, 29 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 549 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.