Sausage Vegetable Skillet
Sausage lends smoky flavor to this crisp and colorful meal-in-one dish from Carmen Hoffman of Hanna City, Illinois.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 9 ounces reduced-fat smoked turkey sausage, cut into slices
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onions, mushrooms, carrot and
- celery in butter for 5 minutes. Add the cabbage, sausage, green
- pepper, garlic, salt and pepper; saute for 8-10 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender. Add rice and heat through. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1-2/3 cups) equals 283 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,003 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.