- minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover
- and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce,
- green pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, pepper and remaining salt;
- set aside. Punch dough down.
- On a large greased baking sheet, roll dough into an 18-in. x 12-in.
- oval. Spread sausage mixture lengthwise down the center.
- Combine the sour cream and cream cheese; spread over sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheeses. Fold one long side of dough over filling.
- Fold other long side over the top; pinch seam and ends to seal. With
- a sharp knife, cut slits in top of dough. Cover and let rise until
- doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Brush top with egg white; sprinkle with fennel seed. Bake at 400°
- for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. let stand for 10 minutes
- before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 322 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.