Sausage Stroganoff Soup
Helen Haviland of Greenfield, Illinois starts this rich soup with handy scalloped potato mix and brown-and-serve breakfast sausages. "It's not your ordinary potato soup," she assures.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) brown-and-serve sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Paprika, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and garlic until sausage is lightly
- browned, about 6 minutes. Stir in the contents of the potato and
- sauce packets. Add water, broth and mushrooms. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 14-16 minutes or until potatoes
- are tender.
- Stir in the cream, sour cream and mustard; heat through (do not
- boil). Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 340 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,080 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.