Sausage Spaghetti Supper
Maria Costello of Monroe, North Carolina writes,"Since I work, I look for recipes like this that are quick and easy and fit into our budget," At about 71¢ a serving, this dish fills the bill for Maria and her husband, who love sausage.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa, thinly sliced and halved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 cups hot cooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium
- heat until vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms,
- oregano, basil and garlic salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and
- simmer for 2 minutes. Spoon over spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 460 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,276 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.