Sausage Rice Casserole
"Spicy sausage provides just the right amount of zip in this satisfying dish," informs Delene Durham of Campbellsville, Kentucky, "It's pretty, too, with three colors of peppers peeking through the rice mixture."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, diced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and onion until the
- sausage is browned and onion is tender; drain. Add the rice, peppers
- and soups; mix well. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until
- bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 262 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.