Sausage Quiche Squares
Having done some catering, I especially appreciate interesting, appetizing finger foods. I'm constantly asked to make these popular squares to serve at parties. They're almost like a zippy quiche.
-Linda Wheeler, Middleburg, Florida
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper, optional
- 10 eggs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Place
- in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with cheeses, onion,
- chilies and jalapeno if desired. In a bowl, beat eggs and
- seasonings. Pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; cut
- into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 80 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium,