Sausage Potato Skillet
DURING my childhood, I lived in an Italian neighborhood in New Jersey. Since both my parents were working, I went home for lunch with my Italian girlfriend.
Lunch was always the same - sausage, fried potatoes, green peppers and onions - but I could never get enough of my favorite meal.
-Amelia Bordas, Springfield, Virginia
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 fresh Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage links
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup each sliced green and sweet red pepper
- 2 small potatoes, sliced
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown sausage in oil until a thermometer reads
- 160°. Add onion and peppers; saute until vegetables are tender.
- Add potatoes and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain; add salt
- and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 416 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.