These savory spirals are very simple to fix but look special on a buffet. Our guests eagerly help themselves--sometimes the eye-catching pinwheels never make it to their plates!
- Gail Sykora, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 pound uncooked bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Unroll crescent roll dough on a lightly floured surface; press seams
- and perforations together. Roll into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle.
- Spread sausage to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with chives.
- Carefully roll up from a long side; cut into 12 slices. Place 1 in.
- apart in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 375° for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 113 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.