Sausage Macaroni Bake
Everyone's bound to want seconds of this satisfying Italian-style bake from Kelli Bucy of Red Oak, Iowa. Oregano seasons the pork sausage, macaroni and tomato sauce mixture that's topped with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. "It really hits the spot when you want a quick not-so-big-meal," Kelli suggests.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Add the green pepper, onion, oregano and pepper. Stir
- in tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni and 2 tablespoons cheese. Transfer to an ungreased
- 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 379 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 1,174 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.