Sausage French Bread Pizza
"I never seem to have pizza dough on hand, but that doesn't stop our family from enjoying pizza," reports Cherie Sweet. The Evansville, Indiana cook tops crusty French bread with creamy Alfredo sauce, sausage and veggies. "It's great to serve at a party for children or teens," she adds.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1-1/3 cups prepared Alfredo sauce
- 3 cooked Johnsonville® Three-Cheese Italian Style Sausage links, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 2-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pizza cheese blend
- Cut bread in half horizontally; place on a baking sheet. Spread cut
- sides with Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with the sausage, olives, red
- pepper, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Cut into
- serving-size pieces. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 406 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,038 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.