Sausage Egg Pitas
"When we were kids, my mom made these sausage and egg sandwiches for us on Sundays," shares Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's Melanie Love. "Now that I'm a mom, I like to make them, too."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) reduced-fat brown-and-serve sausage links
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 6 pita pocket halves
- 1/3 cup chopped lettuce
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage until heated through; remove
- from the pan. Cut into 1/4-in. slices; keep warm
- In a small bowl, beat the egg substitute, onions, milk, oregano and
- pepper. Lightly coat another large skillet with cooking spray. Add
- egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are set.
- Spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise inside each pita half. Fill with the
- egg mixture, sausage, lettuce, tomato and olives. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 filled pita half equals 198 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 531 mg sodium,