Sausage Egg Bake
This hearty egg dish is wonderful for any meal of the day. I fix it frequently for special occasions, too, because it's easy to prepare and really versatile. For a change, use spicier sausage or substitute a flavored cheese blend.
-Molly Swallow, Pocatello, Idaho
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound bulk Johnsonville® Ground Sausage
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 9 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Stir in soup. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and
- pepper; stir in sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle
- with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until
- a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 181 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 189 mg cholesterol, 484 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.