Sausage Chicken Jambalaya
For anyone who enjoys entertaining, this jambalaya is the perfect one-pot meal to feed a crowd. It’s comforting, spicy and easy to make.Betty Benthin, Grass Valley, California
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 6 fully cooked spicy chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- In a large saucepan, saute sausage and chicken in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add celery and onion; saute 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables
- are tender. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, rice, thyme and Cajun
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or
- until rice is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 259 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 761 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch,