Sausage Cheese Puffs
People are always surprised when I tell them there are only four ingredients in these tasty bite-size puffs. Cheesy and spicy, the golden morsels are a fun novelty at a breakfast or brunch...and they also make yummy party appetizers.
Troy, New York
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound bulk Johnsonville® Ground Sausage
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup water
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese; stir in sausage. Add
- water and toss with a fork until moistened. Shape into 1-1/2-in.
- balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Editor's Note: Baked puffs may be frozen; reheat at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until heated through (they do not need to thawed first).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 159 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.