Saucy Pork Chops with Vegetables
These savory chops served with mashed potatoes satisfy any hearty appetite. It is a very colorful dish and is nice to serve to guests, too.
-Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops on
- both sides. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the carrots, green pepper and onion until
- crisp-tender, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan. Stir in
- the soup, water and sage.
- Return chops to the pan. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with noodles or rice.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 284 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 436 mg sodium,