Saucy Parmesan Chicken
“This recipe has been in my file for years. It makes a fast, tasty and moist chicken dish.” Curry powder lends a unique flavor but can easily be omitted, if you prefer.
Bobby Taylor - Michigan City, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (7 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the soup,
- beer, curry, oregano, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour soup
- mixture over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 24-28 minutes
- or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 307 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 568 mg sodium,