Mini meatballs in a sweet, tangy sauce are definitely family friendly. They're a hit as an appetizer or for supper. Try them served over noodles. —Trish Berg, Dalton, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 bottle (14 ounces) ketchup
- 1 jar (12 ounces) grape jelly
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 20 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper
- towels. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, combine the ketchup, jelly and onion. Cook and
- stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until jelly is melted. Pour
- over meatballs. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes longer or until sauce is
- bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 6 meatballs equals 306 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 951 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.