Saucy Grilled Pork Chops
My Mamaw in Kentucky used this "dip" as she called it on many grilled meats including chicken and steak. —Misty Schneider, Bayport, Minnesota
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 8 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- Lemon slices, optional
- In a microwave-safe dish, microwave butter, covered, until melted;
- add brown sugar and lemon juice, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reserve
- 2/3 cup for drizzling.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Brush pork chops with remaining sauce.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for
- 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let
- stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Stir sauce to combine and gently rewarm if necessary; drizzle over
- pork chops. Top with lemon slices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop equals 476 calories, 30 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.