- gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes
- or until thickened. Stir in 2 cups cheese, nutmeg and remaining salt
- and pepper.
- Transfer to a blender; squeeze softened garlic into blender. Cover
- and process until smooth. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170° and sauce is bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle
- with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer. Serve with pasta.
- Sprinkle with tomato and parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast with 3/4 cup sauce (calculated without pasta) equals 601 calories, 32 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 1,066 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 55 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.