Saucy Fruit Medley
This is a variation of a recipe handed down from my mother-in-law. It can be used for brunch, as a refreshing dessert in summer or a colorful topping on yellow cake during the holidays.
It keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days. This healthy combination can be stretched by adding more fruit and juice to the leftovers. The flavor improves each day.
-Linda Tucker, Farmington, Missouri
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cranberry-strawberry or cranberry-raspberry juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for
- at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 139 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.