Saucy Broccoli Beef Bake
This is one of those casseroles that tastes even better reheated the next day.
2 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 block (4 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup canned mushroom stems and pieces
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Cream-Style Soup Mix (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 2/3 cup water
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Add the broccoli, cheese,
- rice, green pepper and mushrooms; set aside. In a microwave-safe
- bowl, whisk together the soup mix and water. Microwave, uncovered,
- on high for 1-1/2 minutes, whisking occasionally. Pour over beef
- mixture and stir until combined.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.