Saucy Baked Beans
My family enjoys these baked beans with corn bread, but they also round out any cookout. Canned pork and beans make preparation easy.
—Phyllis Schmalz, Kansas City, Kansas
12-15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 2 cans (31 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup cola
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a greased 3-qt.
- baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/4 hours or until
- bubbly. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 195 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 468 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.