Satisfying Chicken and Veggies
Kat Sadi of San Luis Obispo, California sent the recipe for this tasty meal-in-one supper with chicken and vegetables seasoned with herbs. “The best thing about this dish is that you have only one pot to clean,” she confirms.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the potatoes, onion, celery, carrot and yellow pepper in a
- 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine the remaining
- ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours
- or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 357 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 728 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.