Sandbakkelse (Sand Tarts)
"TRANSLATED from Norwegian, the name of these cookies is 'sand tarts'. They're most attractive if baked in authentic sandbakkelse molds, which can be purchased in a Scandinavian import shop. Most any decorative cookie mold will do, though, and the interesting shapes will make these tarts the focus of your cookie tray!"
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and extracts. Blend in
- flour. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours or overnight. Using ungreased
- sandbakkelse molds, press about 1 tablespoon dough into each mold.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until cookies appear set and
- just begin to brown around the edges. Cool for 2-3 minutes in molds.
- When cool to the touch, remove cookies from molds. To remove more
- easily, gently tap with a knife and carefully squeeze it. Yield:
- about 8 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 80 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.