- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake
- at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until firm to touch. Remove to wire
- racks to cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room
- temperature, about 20 minutes. In a large bowl, beat shortening,
- confectioners' sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Add milk
- mixture; beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread 2 teaspoonfuls of filling on the bottom of half of the
- cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 185 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.