Salted Peanut Squares
If your gift list is long, here’s a yummy solution. The recipe makes nearly 10 dozen chewy, nutty, sweet-and-salty bars.
117 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 3-1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 36 miniature Snickers candy bars, chopped
- Sprinkle half of the peanuts into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- pan. In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat chips and butter at 50%
- power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave in 20-second intervals until
- melted; stir until smooth. Stir in sweetened condensed milk; cook,
- uncovered, on high for 1 minute.
- Stir in marshmallow creme and candy bars. Spread into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining peanuts. Cover with plastic wrap; press down
- Refrigerate until set. Cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 9-3/4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 64 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.