Salted Peanut Cookies
Instead of walnuts or pecans, this chocolate chip cookie recipe calls for salted peanuts. Whenever I bake these, friends and family seem to come running!
120 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake
- at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to
- wire racks. Yield: 10 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 72 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.