- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water and salt. Cook
- over medium-low heat until sugar begins to melt. Gently pull melted
- sugar to the center of the pan until sugar melts evenly. Cook,
- without stirring until mixture turns an amber color.
- Remove from the heat; gradually stir in cream until smooth. Transfer
- to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Beat until stiff
- peaks form. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 10 cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cupcake equals 416 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.