It took Teri Wolfson just three ingredients to create this tasty and super easy side dish. The reader from Knoxville, Tennessee writes, “It's great on the grill but the best part is there's no clean up.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Place zucchini on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in.
- x 12 in.). Top with salsa. Fold foil around zucchini and seal
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until zucchini
- is crisp-tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- Transfer zucchini to a serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 81 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.