This salsa is fresh and creamy. It's great as a chip dip or as a topper for tacos and other Mexican dishes. You can adjust the spiciness to your liking. —Nanette Hilton, Las Vegas, Nevada
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 medium ripe California Avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 small onion, halved
- 1 jalapeno pepper, peeled and pitted
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add tomatillos.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Place the avocado, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and tomatillos in
- a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Refrigerate until
- chilled. Serve with chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 42 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.