Salsa Rice with Zucchini
You won't create a mess in the kitchen with this recipe. The rice and zucchini are combined in one pan. For added color, toss in some diced yellow crookneck squash.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup salsa
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, bouillon, cumin and
- salt to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in the rice, zucchini and
- salsa. Cover and let stand for 5-7 minutes or until water is
- absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 129 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 373 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.