Salsa Dipper Deviled Eggs
Like a fiesta for your mouth, these fun salsa-topped eggs make any gathering feel like a party! —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/3 cup salsa, divided
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 6 blue tortilla chips
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a
- small bowl, mash yolks. Add 1/4 cup salsa, mayonnaise, onion, salt
- and pepper; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Refrigerate
- until serving.
- Just before serving, break tortilla chips in half. Garnish eggs with
- chips and remaining salsa. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 stuffed egg half equals 70 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.