Perfect for guests or family meals, this chicken is full of color and flavor. The simple sauce is tasty over pork chops, too. Some mornings, I put the ingredients in the slow cooker.Patty Burk, Nanaimo, British Columbia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups salsa
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil for 3 minutes. Add green
- pepper; cook for 3 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir
- in salsa; bring to a boil. Reduce hear; simmer, uncovered, for 3
- minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 261 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.