Salsa Chicken for 2
For a speedy main dish, try this south-of-the-border skillet chicken from Naomi Olson of Hamilton, Michigan. "I like to serve it with buttered, chopped spinach and a salad of mixed greens, orange wedges and chopped walnuts," she says."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken
- on both sides. Add the onion, green pepper, salsa and water. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in corn. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until chicken
- juices run clear. Sprinkle cheese over chicken. Serve with sour
- cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and reduced-fat sour cream) equals 328 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 743 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.