Give your fish a southwestern "kick" with Teresa Hubbard's change-of-pace preparation. "My sister doesn't like seafood, so I figured I'd disguise it with a mix of interesting tastes and textures," she explains from Russellville, Alabama. "Everyone was surprised by the slightly crunchy tortilla chip coating."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup finely crushed baked tortilla chip scoops
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 each catfish fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup salsa, warmed
- In a shallow bowl, combine tortilla chip crumbs and chili powder. In
- another bowl, combine lemon juice and oil. Dip fish in lemon
- mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coasted with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with any remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until fish easily flakes with a
- fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet with 1/4 cup salsa equals 278 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.