Salsa Bean Dip
Here's an easy dip perfect for your nutrition-conscious guests. The pineapple in the salsa makes for a nice, smooth flavor profile. Beverly Smith from Ferndale, Washington serves this with low fat chips or fresh veggies.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup pineapple salsa
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a food processor, combine the salsa, lemon juice, beans, parsley
- and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a serving
- dish. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons dip (calculated without chips) equals 39 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.