Salmon with Garlic-Rosemary Butter
High in omega-3 fatty acids with a rich flavor, salmon is a healthy choice for anyone trying to include more seafood in their diet. A hint of rosemary is the secret to making this dish stand out from the rest. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 5 teaspoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Place salmon skin side down on a broiler pan. Combine butter, garlic,
- honey and rosemary. Brush one-third of mixture over salmon. Broil
- 3-4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes or until fish flakes easily
- with a fork, basting occasionally with remaining butter mixture.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 229 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.