Salmon with Curry Chutney Sauce
This tropical-flavored salmon from Carla Newman of Mequon, Wisconsin tastes very special and can be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, curry and salt.
- Add salmon; seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook salmon in butter for 5-6 minutes on each
- side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the broth, chutney and hot
- pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 salmon fillet with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 462 calories, 24 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 709 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein.