Salmon with Chive Mayonnaise
It's easy to stir together this thick sauce to dress up broiled salmon steaks. The fish seems special but is really no fuss to prepare. Serve with crisp deli coleslaw and store-bought lemon cake for dessert...or try a Caesar salad and frozen key lime pie.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 salmon steaks (3/4 inch thick)
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside 1/3 cup for
- serving. Place salmon steaks on a broiler rack. Broil 4 in. from the
- heat for 9 minutes. Brush with remaining mayonnaise mixture. Turn
- salmon over; broil 9 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with
- a fork. Serve with the reserved mayonnaise mixture. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 730 calories, 63 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.