I'm an avid herb gardener and can't wait to use the products of my labor in dishes like this salad. For a different twist, I include chopped apple...it adds some natural sweetness.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or pinch dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or pinch dried tarragon
- Flake salmon into a bowl. Add remaining ingredients; stir gently.
- Chill until ready to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise) equals 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable; also, 147 calories, 626 mg sodium, 37 mg cholesterol, 6 gm carbohydrate, 17 gm protein, 5 gm fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.